I’M PLAYING AT THE WHITE HOUSE AND THAT IS REALLY CRAZY

It seems like every post these days is in all caps. But that’s because all the things that are happening are hella worthy of caps, my patriotic kittens. EVERYTHING IS THE COOLEST ALL THE TIME.
Image

I am performing at the white house for her goddess, Michelle Obama and his infinite coolness, Barack, this week for a private ceremony for the Harvey Milk stamp issuance. Good news, I already know what dress I’m wearing. It’s hella patriotic.

Image

Most people are unfortunately unable to be at that performance (unless you have a zillion dollars or are in the FBI or are Harry Styles or are an Animorph or something), BUT if you are in the D.C. area, I am performing a few songs for the Harvey Milk Foundation fundraiser event the night before.
THIS Wednesday, May 21st at Cobalt.

For those of you who don’t know, Harvey Milk was an inspiring leader for LGBT rights. He was one of the world’s first openly gay elected officials and was subsequently assassinated because of his sexual orientation. His story is beyond moving.
You can check out and support the foundation here.

14 Responses to I’M PLAYING AT THE WHITE HOUSE AND THAT IS REALLY CRAZY

1. Congratulations on the White House performance, Mary. You do women of every background proud. And thanks for being a voice for those hearts that would otherwise stay silent. We need more like you! Keep on singing! xo – Jen DeLucy

2. Jen V says:

Just saw the video of the unveiling of the stamp…wonderful performance. Wonderful dedication ceremony!

3. Laurie Jones says:

Mary, I must admit that I have just recently found you….where have you been all my life? I watched Megan Tonjes on youtube relate to you once…and I want to go to the past and kick myself for not looking into you further. For weeks now, I haven’t listened to nothing but Ghost, My Moon, The Machine, and Sarasvati for hours at a time (I even wake up singing them)..and I’m not even mad at you for it. : ) I haven’t had the same experiences as you in my life, but in you, I feel that I have found the songwriter that hits me in a soft, sweet, special place. Keep doing what you’re doing and I will continually love you and your music from afar. Everything you do is beautiful. Thank you.

4. Beth says:

Clever girlllll! This is amazing.

5. Charlotte Harrisonsheffield says:

Nice , thanks for telling me

From yourbiggestfan

6. This is awesome. I am so thrilled for how epically your career is taking off! You deserve every second <3

7. temilyboylen says:

Mary!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is absolutely amazing, you %100 deserve it you gorgeous girl xx

8. Nora says:

Mary you deserve this honor on this occasion! Enjoy all your successes :)

9. Mary O says:

Mary, Congratulations!!! Although I do not agree with your opinion of the Prez and his wife, it is quite an honor to be performing for them in the White House!! I know you will be great :-) Have fun and tell us all about it.
    Love ya, Mary O

10. Monica says:

Hey Mary,
    Lucky you getting this Whitehouse gig!♡
    However, I am more interested in the Pridefest gig that you are doing June 7th in Milwaukee! I am really looking forward to you and Macy’s shows…
    Would love to hear “She Keeps Me Warm”. Enjoy your wondrous life moments! ♡

11. tommytuppence says:

How frickin fabulous. Makes this ole lady lesbian cry to see how far we’ve come because of brave folks like Mary. By the by am rockin Mary’s poetry book. You go boo.

12. seattlecasey says:

Your hometown Superbowl winners will be there Wednesday! Congrats, and we expect to see pics!

13. AprilJoy Greenwell says:

That is soooooo awesome ! Congratulations !